Olympus by Night
Several Knacks are being slightly altered.
Ability Knacks- There are 5 Ability Knacks in the JSR Compendium. Amatsukami currently has 6.
- Warmaster (Strength) – Gain all God of War skills at 1/2 cost.
- Natural Leader (Charisma) – Gain all God of Rule skills at 1/2 cost.
- Star Pupil (Intelligence)- Gain all God of Creation skills at 1/2 cost.
- Natural Juggernaut (Stamina) – Gain all God of Wild skills at 1/2 cost.
- Fast Learner (Int)- Gain all God of Trickery skills at 1/2 cost.
- Eyes in the back of your head (Perception)- Choose 5 abilities, 1 must be from each category. You gain these skills at 1/2 Cost. This does not stack with any other ability knack.
Warmaster is an Ability knack. It reduces the cost of all god of War skills to Current Rate. The prequisite of this knack is making it look easy.
Extended Youth: Stamina
In Olympus By Night a characters age is based less on how old they are, and more on how on how mortals perceive them. Every time characters gain a point of legend the group will discuss what age everyone should be and slide characters up or down a few years. The Acquaintance background also plays a role. For instance if Ophelia takes Acquaintance identities like “Surrogate Mother” or “Charity Worker”, she is likely to age up to her thirties or forties. While a character who takes things like “elementary student”, “orphan”, or “favorite nephew” is likely to become younger over time.
Extended Youth allows a character to control their outward age. They are still recognizable to those who know them well, they simply appear older or younger. While they cannot appear as infants or toddlers, they can be as young as a preteen. Nor can they age them self to the day of their death, their body stopping at ancient or crone.
Bedazzling Image, Blockade of Reason, Lateral Thinking Appearance, Int, Wits
The three social and mental defense attributes are Appearance, Intelligence, and Wits. These knacks allow you to always replace the GM called roll for a roll with your specific attribute. (ie If you have Lateral Thinking and someone is trying to seduce you, you resist with Wits+Integrity instead of Appearance + Integrity)
Crazy Like a Fox, Disorienting Countenance, Parapet of the Mind Appearance, Int, Wits
These powers allow you to resist mental or social knacks and boons with your chosen attribute instead of the default. (IE if you have Crazy Like a Fox and someone uses Waking Nightmare instead of Resisting with Appearance + Integrity, you could resist with Wits + Integrity)
Divine Wrath Strength
You always deal lethal damage with bare hands.
Otherwise this power functions exactly as written, but does not inflict aggravated damage against other Scions, demi-gods, or gods. Only Mortals, Creatures, Titanspawn, and Titans.
Disfiguring attack Strength
This power functions exactly as written, but does not inflict aggravated damage against other Scions, demi-gods, or gods. Only Mortals, Creatures, Titanspawn, and Titans. It does leave horrific scars that can only be healed through the Regeneration Knack or the Human Clay Boon.
This power functions as written, but only drains them of willpower points, not permanent willpower.
1 WP per scene. Once activated on any attack action, and only attack actions, you can spend 1 legend to reduce your weapon spd by 1. You can spend multiple legend points to reduce your speed but the fastest your attack can become is spd 3. This bonus speed lasts only 1 action and you must spend additional legend to use the power again in the same scene.
Principle of Motion- Intelligence
-Add dots in War to Martial Arts and Ballistic Skill.
Fight With Your Head – Intelligence
Cost: Legend 1-3. (If your Epic INT is 1-4, the cost is 1. If your Epic INT is 5-7 it costs 2. If your Epic INT is 8+ it costs 3)
The Scion with this Knack can find the chinks in her opponent’s armor at a glance, not only identifying their weaknesses but also learning instinctively how to exploit them. By spending 10 ticks studying an opponent you may reduce one of the following values. By spending 5 ticks in study you can change which value you reduce. The target subtracts a number of successes equal to your epic intelligence.
- Attack Rolls (Choose Dex or Strength, all attack rolls based on your chosen attribute are Reduced.)
- Dodge DV (You may only reduce Dexterity. Anyone using Wits via-Lightning Reflexes is immune)
- Parry DV (Choose Dexterity or Strength, the DV is reduced.)
- Soak (You may only reduce soak up to the targets epic stamina. Armor is unaffected by this power)
- This knack does not actually penalize your target, it simply allows your character to work around their abilities. They still have their relevant epic successes for all purposes except the one instance you have reduced with this power, and the penalty only applies against you.
- This Knack does not work against targets with more epic intelligence than you have.
- This knack allows users to parry area attacks or machine gun fire.
- Warmaster- See above.
Threshold Warding Stance It stands to reason that if you want to dodge you must have space to do so. This knack triumphs over such simple thinking. You may now dodge in areas where you shouldn’t physically be able to. This is a strength knack, its prerequisite is Making It Look Easy.
Purviews and Boons
NOTE: Whenever a boon reads TOTAL NUMBER OF BOONS instead use the number of your highest dot power in that purview. Ie if you have five war boons, but your highest power is only a three dot, whenever you activate a power that says TOTAL NUMBER OF BOONS you would use three, not five.
- Toxic Thorn: This boon allows you to create a ‘thorn’ equivalent of any mundane martial arts or thrown weapon. It still poisons mortals, and you can describe the type of poison (Lethal/paralyzing). The toxins do not harm creatures of legend.
- True Nature: Replace determination points with willpower points.